Friday, March 7, 2014
Joshua was in the hospital recently with walking pneumonia he is all better now thank God. An upper respiratory bug went through our home and everyone caught it except for me. Joshua is our only child where it turned into the pneumonia. I am thanking my essential oils for getting me through this cold and flu season thus far. "We all know mommy can't afford to get sick."
Spring break is next week for us and we plan to spend a few days camping with friends. In our history lessons we've been learning about people traveling west on the Oregon Trail. Camping out will be our time to imagine what life was like out on the trail. The boys and I have been on lots of adventures this year. Perhaps I'll get to fill you in on those later.
Oh, there is so much to tell you I wish I could sit down and write about life around here on a regular basis. As the kids are growing there is so much that requires my full attention. I often find myself thinking about all the things I would like do and tempering those thoughts with what I must do. As of right now blogging is one of extras that has to be pushed onto the back burner. I plan to update as I can.
We are all well, learning and exploring the wonderful world around us. Until next time take care.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Today Emmanuel worked with Joshua on his handwriting. It was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. Emmanuel was such a great teacher, explaining to his younger brother where to begin and end his letters. He gave Joshua praise for a job well done and let him know when he needed to try again. It was one of those little moments that I was able to sit and silently witness. Motherhood is the best.
Sunday, January 19, 2014
This weekend I will be attending the Homeschool Mom’s Winter Summit. Its my first time and I’m very excited. Check out link below.
After watching the video I felt that this event was not to be missed. I will be going as a getaway to refresh my heart and mind. Can’t wait to share with you all I learn and how much fun I have.
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Brief recap of our week.
From top left.
- Christopher’s test on 0 and 1 times tables. He only missed one which was a careless mistake.
- We went to the library one day and had school there for a change of scenery.
- Joshua playing a game of I spy.
- The boys are memorizing the books of the Bible. The books are color coded the first five are purple are the books of history and then the next 12 are orange the books of history. Here Joshua was given a turn to put the books in order. He got a few right.
- Geography work for the week. Emmanuel had to locate the original home lands of the Cherokee Nation. Christopher had to identify the original home lands of the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Seminole, Choctaw, and Creek otherwise known as the Five Civilized Tribes. In addition he was required to label the states surrounding these areas. Both boys did great.
- Emmanuel working on his math facts.
- The boys hanging out with dad after a long days work.
This week was relatively smooth. We covered many things that I did not capture on film. Bummer. Christopher is working more in depth with paragraphs. He knows what components must be in a paragraph. Paragraphs must have a topic sentence, detail sentences and a concluding sentence. He completed his three paragraph paper on the Erie Canal. He still needs to share this with dad.
On Monday 1/13/14 of this week my mother was in a car accident. She fell asleep driving home from work. She is fine but without a car while it is being repaired. I am thankful that she was not injured and she did not injure anyone else. The accident only involved her car. In the meantime my husband and I are taking mom back and forth to work and all other appointments.